Frequently Asked Questions
about managing volunteers in Marion County departments
1. Can people under the age of 18 volunteer?
2. Can county employees volunteer for the county?
3. Are unpaid interns considered volunteers?
4. How do I create a volunteer job?
5. Do volunteers need to have both county orientation and department orientation?
6. What do I have to do as the supervisor of a volunteer?
7. Can volunteers be approved to drive a county vehicle?
8. Are volunteers covered with Workers' Compensation when working for the county?
9. If a volunteer is hired as a temp and the money runs out, can I have the person return to his or her volunteer position?