Working together to offer the best possibilities for a healthy pregnancy for every woman by:
- Providing timely, early access to prenatal care to women in Marion and Polk Counties.
- Studies document that early, quality prenatal care improves infant outcomes. Good outcomes reduce health care costs. Healthy infants promote healthy families.
- Early and comprehensive prenatal care is critical to assuring healthy pregnancies. Unfortunately, in Oregon about one in five women do not receive care during the first 3 months of pregnancy.
Oregon Mothers Care
- Oregon Mothers Care works to streamline state and local systems for prenatal access
- Ensure that women can easily find and access prenatal services in their communities
- Women applying for OHP through OMC receive applications date stamped at time of first contact and have a 7 day determination for Medicaid/OHP eligibility
Provide intake and/or referral to:
- Pregnancy testing, unbiased options counseling, OHP application assistance, and first prenatal care appointments in community
- Initial needs assessment and referral for MCM/home visit services
- WIC services
- Other prenatal services/referrals as needed.
Letter from Marion County Health Department About Access to Prenatal Care