Marion County Parks
County Park News
County Park Status
These parks are open for the season:
The following Marion County Parks are now open for the season:
- Bear Creek, North Fork and Salmon Falls parks on North Fork Road;
- Aumsville Ponds Park on Bates Road SE in Aumsville;
- Spong's Landing Park on the Willamette River north of Keizer; and,
- Minto and Niagara parks along the Santiam River; and,
St. Louis Fish Ponds near Gervais. For information about hunting or fishing at St. Louis Fish Ponds, contact the
Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife at 503-947-6100. Hunters and fishermen who wish to hunt, fish, and/or train dogs during the off season may park their vehicles at the gate on Tesch Road and walk into the facility.
Parks opening later in 2018 season:
- Scotts Mills Park in Scotts Mills is opening late due the parking lot being repaved.
These parks are open year round:
- Auburn, Denny, Eola Bend, Joryville, Labish Village, and Parkdale in the Salem area;
- Rogers Wayside near Silverton; and,
- Packsaddle along the North Santiam River.
North Fork Road Corridor Parking Fee
- There is now a parking fee of $5 per day per vehicle for all vehicles parking along North Fork Road and in county parks accessed from North Fork Road, including North Fork Park, Salmon Falls Park, Bear Creek Park day use parking and Lomker's Bridge day use area.
- Parking fee stations are located along North Fork Road and in each park. Click here to viewmap of parking fee station locations.
- When Bear Creek, North Fork and Salmon Falls parks are closed for the season (Nov. 1 - April 30), parking fees are still enforced for parking along North Fork Road and at Lomker's Bridge day use area.
- A $30 annual North Fork Corridor Annual Parking Pass is also available and can be purchased at the parking fee stations or at Marion County Public Works, 5155 Silverton Road NE, Salem, Oregon.
- Other agency park or forest passes (Oregon State Parks Pass, Northwest Forest Pass, etc.) are not accepted in place of the North Fork Corridor Parking Pass.
Marion County parks are always first-come first-served;
no reservations are accepted.
There are now emergency phones located on North Fork Road at:
- The entrance of
Salmon Falls Park near the gate and is accessible even when park is closed.
- Elkhorn Fire Department at 32788 N. Fork Rd. SE, Lyons, OR 97358.
Marion County Parks Needs Your Help!
We need volunteers and that means people who want to serve on the Marion County Parks Commission and those who want to work on projects in the parks. Can you help? Check out our
volunteer page for more information.