Marion County Parks
County Park Status
These parks are open year round:
- Auburn, Denny, Eola Bend, Joryville, Labish Village, and Parkdale in the Salem area;
- Rogers Wayside near Silverton; and,
- Packsaddle along the North Santiam River.
These parks are closed for the season from November 1 to April 31:
- Aumsville Ponds on Bates Road SE near Aumsville;
- Bonesteele Park on Aumsville Hwy SE;
- Spong's Landing on the Willamette River north of Keizer;
- Scotts Mills Park in Scotts Mills; and,
- Bear Creek Park & Campground, Minto, Niagara, North Fork, and Salmon Falls, which are all in the North Santiam River Basin.
St. Louis Fish Ponds is closed from October 1 to February 28:
- For information about hunting or fishing at St. Louis Fish Ponds,
Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife at 503-947-6100.
- Hunters and fishermen who wish to hunt, fish, and/or train dogs during the
off season may park their vehicles at the gate on Tesch Road and walk into the facility.
Marion County parks are always first-come first-served; no reservations are accepted.
There are now emergency phones located on North Fork Road at:
- The entrance of
Salmon Falls Park
- Elkhorn Fire Department at 32788 N. Fork Rd. SE, Lyons, OR 97358
Marion County Parks Needs Your Help!
We need volunteers and that means people who want to serve on the Marion County Parks Commission and those who want to work on projects in the parks. Can you help? Check out our
volunteer page for more information.