A second meeting seems needed and appropriate as we have several things to discuss:
1) We now have Update #1 of the Upland Prairie Restoration Plan. It should be on our home page by October 19th. I will also try to get a hard copy sent to all of you by next week. Please let me know if you are able to access the report on our page and do not need us to send you a copy. It is 24 pages including cover, table of contents, etc.
2) Our Landscape Architect, Ed Hilliard will be visiting the site with what topo maps we have, and is interested in sharing his and our ideas.
3) I am interested in the concept of establishing permanent transect lines perpendicular to each other and marking the extreme ends of these lines with trees and other monuments as appropriate. Please think about the benefit of such "established transects" and what criteria we should use in establishing them.
4) We now have aerial photos that go back to 1936 for the property, and we plan to have those at the meeting for your viewing.
5) Right now I would like to hold off on the field preparation until after we have a chance to inventory the existing seed bank next Spring (optimal time?). I am interested in your thoughts on this as well as the overall time line for the prairie restoration.
6) I am interested in your thoughts about entering into some sort of formal agreements with the various participants (Chemeketa, Willamette, Native Plant Society, etc) to provide some assurance to participants regarding the long term relationship and park use.
7)I would like to starting putting on our home page inventories of flora and fauna. If you have notes, please considering bringing copies of them to the meeting.
If you visit the site in the meantime, you will notice the new, enlarge parking lot. To keep the park from being over run before it is prepared for the public, we are placing some "NO HUNTING" signs and some light construction barricades at the driveways. The are movable so feel free to drive around them ( move and replace them if necessary). In addition, it is my intent to prohibit pets (dogs, cats, etc) from the park to enhance the habitat for wild animals.
I have yet to contact Susan Kephart about using the same room again at the cafeteria, so the place is not firm yet. Please let me know if the date and time work for you and I will get back to you all with the place. Hopefully it will be the Willamette cafeteria someplace.