Marion County Planning Commission
The Planning Commission reviews subdivisions, amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Ordinances, and assist the Board of Commissioners in developing long-range land use plans for Marion County. Members serve without pay.
Current MembersGeorge Grabenhorst, ChairScott AndersonStanley BirchMike LongRick MasseyCarla Mikkelson, Vice ChairGary MondersGlenn HolumDennis Person
Staff Liaison: Tami Amala, (503) 588-5038 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Planning Commission Chair will conduct the hearing as follows:
1. Planning staff will present a report and recommendation.2. Representatives from other governmental agencies or departments may provide comments.3. The applicant or representative will then present testimony in favor of the application.4. Citizens in favor of the proposal will be asked to present comments.5. Citizens against the proposal will be asked to present comments.6. Citizens with general comments will be asked to present comments.7. The applicant (or representative) will then be given an opportunity for rebuttal. 8. Unless the Planning Commission continues the hearing, or leaves the record open for additional written testimony, the public hearing will be closed. No further testimony or comments will be allowed once the hearing is closed.
The Decision-Making Process:
1. The Planning Commission will review the application, Planning Division file, evidence presented, and testimony given. A decision can be expected at the conclusion of the public hearing, unless the case is continued.
2. Notice of the decision will be sent to the applicant, persons providing written testimony, and persons listed on the "Sign-In Sheet".
3. The Planning Commission's decision can be appealed to the Marion County Board of Commissioners. Details of the appeal process are included in the decision or are available from the Planning Division.
4. The Board of Commissioners will accept or deny an appeal. If an appeal is accepted, a public hearing will be scheduled before the Board of Commissioners, or the Board may refer the case to a Hearings Officer for rehearing.For information on a case or the Planning Commission, contact the Planning Division at (503) 588-5038. Land Use cases may be reviewed at the Planning Division; 5155 Silverton Rd. NE, Salem.