Marion County Parks
County Park Status
These parks are open for the season from May 1 to October 30:
- Aumsville Ponds on Bates Road SE near Aumsville;
- Bonesteele Park on Aumsville Hwy SE;
- Spong's Landing on the Willamette River north of Keizer;
- Scotts Mills Park in Scotts Mills; and,
- Bear Creek Park & Campground, Minto, and Niagara, North Fork, Salmon Falls which are all in the North Santiam River Basin.
NEW! North Fork Road Corridor Parking Fee
- There is now a parking fee of $5 per day per vehicle for all vehicles parking along North Fork Road and in county parks accessed from North Fork Road, including North Fork Park, Salmon Falls Park, Bear Creek Park day use parking and Lomker's Bridge day use area.
- Parking fee stations are located along North Fork Road and in each park. Click here to view map of parking fee station locations.
- A $30 annual parking pass is also available and can be purchased at the parking fee stations or at Marion County Public Works, 5155 Silverton Road NE, Salem, Oregon.
St. Louis Fish Ponds will open for the season on March 1:
- Park hours are 8:00 a.m. to sunset.
- For information about hunting or fishing at St. Louis Fish Ponds,
Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife at 503-947-6100.
- Hunters and fishermen who wish to hunt, fish, and/or train dogs during the
off season may park their vehicles at the gate on Tesch Road and walk into the facility.
These parks are open year round:
- Auburn, Denny, Eola Bend, Joryville, Labish Village, and Parkdale in the Salem area;
- Rogers Wayside near Silverton; and,
- Packsaddle along the North Santiam River.
Marion County parks are always first-come first-served; no reservations are accepted.
There are now emergency phones located on North Fork Road at:
- The entrance of
Salmon Falls Park
- Elkhorn Fire Department at 32788 N. Fork Rd. SE, Lyons, OR 97358
Marion County Parks Needs Your Help!
We need volunteers and that means people who want to serve on the Marion County Parks Commission and those who want to work on projects in the parks. Can you help? Check out our
volunteer page for more information.