MARION COUNTY, OR – Several seasonal Marion County parks will close to the public on Wednesday, November 1, 2017. Parks that are closing include:
- Aumsville Ponds on Bates Road SE near Aumsville;
- Bonesteele Park on Aumsville Hwy SE;
- Spong's Landing on the Willamette River north of Keizer; and,
Minto, Niagara, North Fork, and Salmon Falls parks, which are all in the North Santiam River Basin.
Two other county parks have already closed for the season: St. Louis Fish Ponds west of Gervais, and Bear Creek Park and Campground on North Fork Road near Mehama.
The Marion County parks that remain open year-round are:
- Auburn, Denny, Eola Bend, Joryville, Labish Village, and Parkdale in the Salem area;
- Rogers Wayside near Silverton; and,
- Packsaddle along the North Santiam River.
For more information these county parks, including descriptions and locations, visit the Marion County Parks web site at
http://www.co.marion.or.us/PW/Parks/ or call (503) 588-5036.