Marion County Environmental Services partners with local organizations for Repair Fair & Share events.
The Repair Fair & Share is a collective of volunteers who join together to fix broken items, teach valuable repair skills, and learn from listening and doing. The community benefits by making connections, learning skills, reducing waste, and saving money. We meet twice a year in Salem, Oregon and welcome fixers, tinkerers, and supporters. For more information visit
Repair Fair & Share on facebook.
Learn Skills- We teach you troubleshooting and the repair process so you can feel more comfortable to tackle repairs on your own
Reduce Waste- We focus on repair rather than replace. This helps reduce needless waste.
Connect- There are a lot of experts, fixers, hobbyists, and tinkerers in our community. We help keep you connected to these skilled folks.
Save Money- Repair Fair & Share events are always free to attend and by repairing rather than replacing, you can save money.
Curious about Repair Fair & Share?
Well great, that’s the first step! The Repair Fair & Share is a collective of volunteers who join together to fix broken items, teach valuable repair skills, and learn from listening and doing. We meet twice a year in Salem, Oregon and welcome fixers, tinkerers, and supporters.
Offering repair skills, sharing repair knowledge, and promoting resourcefulness in our community.
Repair Fair & Share brings together volunteers throughout the community for semi annual repair events. Embracing “repair rather than replace”, our goal is to provide community connections that not only provides repair service, but teaches troubleshooting and the repair process. We hope to inspire and enable people to continue repairing and sharing in their community. The community will benefit by making connections, learning skills, reducing waste, and saving money.
- Repair Fair & Share events are always be free to attend.
- Guests are expected to stay with their item so they can learn the repair process.
- Guests are expected to be active participants and help with the repair.
- If you know what part is needed for the repair, please order it and bring it with you to the event.
- We cannot work on hazardous materials, vehicles or weapons.
Steps to Participate as a Guest
- First come, first serve and free to the public.
- Register at the check-in table.Wait until your name is called.
- Work with the Repair Guru to learn how to fix the item.
- Take the survey and provide feedback about the event.
Steps to Participate as a Volunteer
Do you have a repair or mending skill that you can share with the community? We’d love for you to share your experience as a Repair Fair & Share Volunteer!
and let us know how you'd like to help.