Sexually Transmitted Infections
Anyone can get tested for STI's at our clinic. Insurance is accepted and no one will be denied services for inability to pay.
Marion County STI Clinic sees clients primarily by appointment. Clinic is held Tuesdays & Fridays. There are a limited number of "drop-in" appointments so call for availability.
Marion County staff is happy to answer questions about STI's. We want you to get the best care and to avoid getting STI's in the future. Feel free to call for any STI related questions.
Hours of Operation
- Tuesday 10:30-6:00
- Friday 9:00-4:00
What happens at your appointment?
You will be asked about your health and sexual history. You will be called for a lab test or talk to a nurse before your exam. If needed, you will receive treatment and education.
The staff at the Marion County Health Department is happy to answer questions about STIs.
Call (503) 588-5342 Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5:00 pm
For HIV counseling and testing, you can schedule both appointments on the same day. If you want both, be sure to ask.
At your HIV testing, you will be given another appointment for your results.
Your visit here is private. We do not tell your family members, friends, or partners that have been here and we do not share information from one partner to another.
Common STI Symptoms:
- Abnormal discharge
- Genital sores or bumps
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Burning when urinating
- Genital itching
Some people may not have any symptoms
WHAT DO YOU DO IF YOU ARE SHOWING SYMPTOMS?
- Stop having sex to avoid risk of spreading an STI
- Go to a doctor or clinic for testing
- Inform your sexual partner and get them to a clinic or doctor
During the appointment, most people get tested for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Syphilis. Other tests may be done depending upon your symptoms.
Men: DO NOT urinate (go to the bathroom) for at least 2 hours before your exam. Doing so can affect your results.
- Some test results will be ready today.
- Other tests may take up to 10 days.
- If you have any positive results, you will be contacted.
- If we have not contacted you after 10-14 days, your test results are negative.
- It is really important that we have a way to contact you.