Marion County Parks
County Park News
County Park Status
These parks are open for the season:
- Bear Creek Park and Campground, North Fork Park and Salmon Falls Park on North Fork Road.
- Spong's Landing on the Willamette River north of Keizer.
- Scotts Mills Park in Scotts Mills.
- St. Louis Fish Ponds near Gervais.
These parks are open year round:
- Auburn, Denny, Eola Bend, Joryville, Labish Village, and Parkdale in the Salem area;
- Aumsville Ponds on Bates Road near Aumsville;
- Bonesteele Park on Aumsville Hwy SE;
- Rogers Wayside near Silverton; and,
- Minto, Niagara, and Packsaddle along the North Santiam River.
North Fork Road Corridor Parking Fee
- There is now a parking fee of $5 per day per vehicle for all vehicles parking along North Fork Road and in county parks accessed from North Fork Road, including North Fork Park, Salmon Falls Park, Bear Creek Park day use parking and Lomker's Bridge day use area.
- Parking fee stations are located along North Fork Road and in each park. Click here to viewmap of parking fee station locations.
- Parking fee stations are open May 15 - September 15. During the off-season, the fee stations are closed and visitors to that area are not required to pay parking fees.
- A $30 North Fork Corridor Annual Parking Pass is also available and can be purchased at the parking fee stations or at Marion County Public Works, 5155 Silverton Road NE, Salem, Oregon.
- Other agency park or forest passes (Oregon State Parks Pass, Northwest Forest Pass, etc.) are not accepted in place of the North Fork Corridor Parking Pass.
Marion County parks are always first-come first-served;
no reservations are accepted.
Marion County Code,
no alcohol or smoking are allowed in Marion County parks.
Emergency Phones on North Fork Road Corridor
There are now emergency phones located on North Fork Road at:
- The entrance of
Salmon Falls Park near the gate. The phone is accessible even when park is closed.
- Elkhorn Fire Department at 32788 N. Fork Rd. SE, Lyons, OR 97358.
Marion County Parks Needs Your Help!
We need volunteers and that means people who want to serve on the Marion County Parks Commission and those who want to work on projects in the parks. Can you help? Check out our
volunteer page for more information.