The County's first campground will open at Bear Creek Park on May 1, 2014.
Bear Creek is on the Little North Fork of the Santiam River, strategically located between BLM's Canyon Creek and Elkhorn Valley parks. A HUD Open Space grant reimbursed Marion County for part of the acquisition costs. A trail system has been developed through the park and down to the riverbank where a deep pool is available for swimmers. Land and Water funds reimbursed Marion County for development of a paved parking area and roadway through the park. Picnicking and water activities highlight fun uses in the park.
Facilities at a Glance
- Campground with host
- Open May 1 - October 31
- Day Use Area open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- 15.10 Acres
- Fifteen (15) camp sites
- Picnic Tables
- ADA Restroom
- Water Activities
- Hiking Trails
- ADA Accessible: Trail and viewing area
Camping Rates and Rules
- $14 per site per night
- 14 night maximum stay
- $5 extra vehicle fee
- Maximum 2 vehicles per site
- Campground quiet hours are between
10 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- All vehicles must be parked on pavement
or gravel pads.
- Check-in after 4 p.m. Check out by 1 p.m.
Park Brochure with Campground Map
- Fifteen (15)
first-come first-served camp sites (reservations are not taken).
- Three are available to campers with disabilities.
- Each site has a picnic table and fire ring.
- Sites are available from May 1-Oct 31.
- Easy river access for swimming and fishing.
- Multiple trails connecting day-use/camp sites to the river.
- Close proximity to other parks along the Little North Fork and the Opal Creek Wilderness area.
Park Rules & Regulations
Please observe the following rules that have been adopted to help make your park visit safe and enjoyable.
- Day Use Area opens to the public at 6:00 a.m. and closes at 10:00 p.m..
Day Use Area visitors must pay a parking fee of $5 per day per vehicle or purchase a $30 annual parking pass. Parking fee stations will be available for use on May 1, 2017, and are located at North Fork Park, Salmon Falls Park, Bear Creek Park day use parking, Lomker's Bridge day use area, and along North Fork Road.
- No person shall possess or consume any intoxicating beverage of any kind.
- Guns or similar devices, fireworks and other dangerous materials are not allowed in the park.
- Dogs must be on a leash and under control at all times and owners are responsible for picking up after their dogs.
- Fire Restrictions: Outdoor cooking fires must be in a fireplace, barbeque pit or camp stove used safely in designated picnic or cooking areas.
Please help to keep Marion County Parks clean!
- North Fork Park, 6 miles downstream and Salmon Falls, 5 miles upstream are riverside day-use areas managed by Marion County Parks.
- Three Pools, 12 miles upstream is located within the Opal Creek Wilderness area.
For More Information Contact:
5155 Silverton Road NE
Salem, OR 97305
Phone: (503) 588-5036
Bear Creek County Park
Lyons, OR 97384
6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Day Use Area