North Santiam Regional Wastewater Feasibility and Land Inventory Study
The North Santiam Regional Wastewater Feasibility and Land Inventory studies have been completed. This is the first of many phases of the North Santiam Joint Wastewater Project. This sizeable project is intended to be a collaborative effort among interested communities along the North Santiam River who want to address the future wastewater (sewer) needs while protecting the long term health of the watershed. Infrastructure investments, such as this, help to build a foundation to spur additional economic investments throughout the region. These studies were paid for by Oregon Business Infrastructure Finance Authority and Marion County's portion of the Oregon Lottery dollars.
Economic Development Objectives
- Address future wastewater infrastructure needs that promote quality of life, business development, resource stewardship, and regional economic resiliency
- Develop and/or expand sewer system capacity that is viable, sustainable, and financially feasible
- Decrease the potential health and environmental impact of individual septic tank failures
- Enhance the local marketability of individual private lots, commercial and industrial lands
- Diversify employment and business opportunities throughout the region
To move forward, each city must take the initial step to assign or appoint one individual and an alternate to the North Santiam Joint Wastewater Project work group which will meet on Saturdays, beginning March 11, 2017. The individual(s) chosen by the cities should be willing to be an active advocate for their city’s needs and desires, keep their local city leadership and community members apprised, and solicit diverse feedback of the ongoing discussions of the work group over the following months. Marion County has agreed to provide the administrative support to progress the project along-side interested communities.
Keller Associates-NSC - Regional Wastewater Analysis January 2017
Maul Foster & Alongi NSC Land Inventory Summary Report January 2017
North Santiam Joint Wastewater Meetings
June 7, 2017, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
June 21, 2017, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
July 19, 2017, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
July 26, 2017, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Topic: Regional wastewater development for interested communities Lyons/ Mehama, Mill City , Gates, Detroit and Idanha. All are welcome to attend.
LOCATION: City Hall
444 S. 1st Ave
Mill City, OR 97360
Contact: Danielle Gonzalez 503-589-3235 or
Tamra Goettsch 503-588-7975