How to Apply for the Marion County WIC Program
Set up an appointment by calling Marion County WIC at (503) 588-5057.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm (Salem location only: Tuesdays and Wednesdays open until 7:00 pm)
- Tell the WIC staff if you would like your appointment in Salem, Stayton, Silverton or Woodburn.
- Or stop by our main office located at 3180 Center St NE, Salem, OR 97301
What Your Appointment Entails Once Eligible?
At the WIC clinic:
- Your eligibility will be determined and you will be asked to show proof of income, identification and address.
- You and your child will be weighed and measured.
- Your child's growth and development will be explained to you.
- You and your child will receive a hemoglobin or iron screening.
- Your and your child's diet will be evaluated.
- Your and your child's medical/nutritional history will be taken.
- You and your child will be evaluated for medical/nutritional risk.
At your appointment, the WIC Staff will check your diet and review your health history. If you are eligible, you will receive nutritional information and counseling, referrals to other services and an eWIC card (gone are the days of vouchers!) to buy foods at your local grocery store.
Click here for a list of WIC-eligible foods.
LET WIC WORK WONDERS FOR YOUR FAMILY! To find out about other WIC Programs call 1-800-SAFENET
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is an Equal Opportunity Program. If you believe you have been discriminated against because of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or handicap, write to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington, D.C. 20250