Natural Resources Education Center
Wildfires over the past few years may make landowners and residents nervous during fire season. We live in a fire-prone environment, but there are effective practices for minimizing risks and impacts of fire on your home or property.
To learn more about how to prepare your home and property for wildfire, attend this two-part workshop for landowners and home owners at the Natural Resource Education Center located on the Oregon Garden property in Silverton, OR.
Presentation, discussion, and reference material will cover:
- Best practices and materials for fire resistant home construction and remodeling
- Fire-wise practices for creating defensible space near buildings
- Community Wildfire Protection Planning
- Making a plan for your family to escape in the case of wildfire
Your Farm/Forest Property
- Thinning, pruning, and groundcover management practices to reduce fire hazards in your landscape
- Sources of assistance for assessing risk, planning and implementing fuels reduction and other treatments to reduce hazards
- Sources of financial assistance and cost-sharing opportunities for fuels reduction
Expertise and sponsorship provided by Marion Soil and Water Conservation District, OSU Extension Forestry, Oregon Department of Forestry, Oregon Forest Resources Institute, and Silverton Fire District.
Attend one session or stay for both!
There is a $20.00 fee and space is limited. Registration is required. Register online at https://beav.es/Zm7.
For more information call 503-655-8631, or email email@example.com.