THE EMERGENT ECONOMIC OPPOR PROGRAM (EEOP)
The Emergent Economic Opportunity Program (EEOP) is a flexible grant funding source provided to meet local Marion County needs and priorities. EEOP funds are available to non-profit, government entities, and for-profit businesses on an invitation only basis, that further Economic Development in Marion County, Financially Support Public Education, or Create Jobs in Marion County.
Emergent Economic Opportunity Program (EEOP) Criteria
The following criteria shall be used to evaluate potential projects that may qualify for the EEOP:
1. The project or program must directly benefit the citizens and/or businesses of Marion County.
2. The project or program must meet the requirements of ORS 461.540.
- Creating jobs,
- Furthering Economic Development by…
i. Providing services or financial assistance to for-profit or non-profit businesses,
ii. Providing services or financial assistance for facilities, physical environments or development projects that benefit the Marion County economy.
- Financing Public Education.
3. The project or program must have demonstrated community buy in through community partnerships, letters of support, secure funding sources, or other methods.
4. The project or program must have completed a EEOP Form submitted through the Marion County Community Services Department as outlined below.
5. The project or program must have received a written invitation from a member of the Marion County Board of Commissioners or Marion County staff. Written invitation can take the form of an email, memorandum, or letter.
6. Selection and funding of EEOP projects or programs is at the Marion County Board of Commissioners' sole discretion, pending certification of compliance with conflict-of-interest requirements per ORS 244.120 and 244.130.
Email Request to:
- Kelli Weese @ Kweese@co.marion.or.us
Once application and supplemental materials are received, staff will review the application materials and confirm availability of funds. Once application has been reviewed, staff will follow up with applicant to determine a date for placement of the item on a Board of Commissioners Management Update agenda for Commissioner feedback.