Compensation for Victims of Crime (CVC)
Every year, hundreds of people in Oregon are seriously injured or killed due to crime. In addition to psychological and physical trauma, victims and their families often incur unanticipated medical expenses, counseling and other costs and loss of income. In homicide cases, families suffer emotional grief, loss of financial support and funeral costs.
In the aftermath of a crime, the Oregon Crime Victim's Compensation Program works to ease the financial burden suffered by victims and their family members.
How to Submit an Application
The online form to apply for an Oregon CVC claim is available in English or Spanish by following this link: CVC Application
If you are unable to fill out the form online, you may follow the same link for a printable form which you can fill out and mail to:
Crime Victims' Compensation Program
Department of Justice
1162 Court St. NE
Salem, Oregon 97301-4096
Telephone (503) 378-5348
TDD (503) 378-5938
FAX (503) 378-5738
An application can also be obtained from your local District Attorney’s Victim Assistance Program.
555 Court St NE, Suite 3231
Salem, OR 97301
PO Box 14500
Salem, OR 97309
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Toll Free: 1-866-780-0960
Types of benefits include:
- Mental health counseling expenses
- Medical and hospital expenses
- Eyeglasses, hearing aids, dentures and other medically necessary devices and expenses
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Loss of earnings
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of financial support to dependents of homicide victims
- Grief counseling expenses for relatives of homicide victims
- Counseling expenses for children who witness domestic violence
- Counseling expenses for family members of an Oregon resident who is a victim of international terrorism
This information provided by the Oregon Department of Justice, Crime Victim Services Division, as found on their website at https://www.doj.state.or.us/crime-victims/. Please visit their website for additional information about this program.
Contact the Crime Victim Services Division: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victim Toll Free Number 1-800-503-7983