Wheatland Ferry Operating Status
River Level and Ferry Closures
The Wheatland Ferry closes when the Willamette River level reaches approximately 15 feet.
Ferry Status Notifications and Information
Would you like to be notified by e-mail of unscheduled Wheatland Ferry closures due to mechanical problems or high/low river levels?
Please specify if you want to subscribe to the "Buena Vista Ferry List" or "Wheatland Ferry List" when emailing the following address:
email@example.com, and list your email address in the body of your message along with the message that you would like to be added to the Wheatland Ferry emergency notification list.
You can also find ferry status information by calling:
- The recorded "Ferry Information Line" at (503) 588-7979
24 hours day/7 days week
- Marion County Public Works Dispatch at (503) 588-5304
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Payment and Toll Card Information
Fees at the ferry may be paid in cash, personal check or ferry toll card.
Credit cards are not accepted.
Marion County Department of Public Works is authorized to offer ferry users a credit of 10% to be added to each purchase of $50 or more when using a County Ferry Toll Card.
Ferry Toll Cards can be purchased:
- At Marion County Public Works, 5155 Silverton Road NE, Salem, Oregon (Cash, check, or credit card accepted)
- By calling Marion County Public Works at (503) 588-5036 (Credit card accepted)
- On either ferry (Cash or check accepted)
Marion County Ferry Toll Cards can be used at both the Wheatland Ferry and Buena Vista Ferry.
Click here to add value to your existing Ferry Toll Card.