Wheatland Ferry Information
Recorded information: 503-588-7979
Hours of Operation
- Seven days a week
- 5:30 a.m. to 9:45 p.m.
- Year-round operation
- Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
- Closes when the river level reaches 15'
River Level Reading
For unscheduled ferry closures, check the
Current Fees - Effective March 15th, 2021
| Pedestrian|| Free |
| Bicycle|| $ 1.00 |
| Motorcycle|| $ 2.00 |
| Vehicle (with or without trailer and overall length):|| |
| Less than 22 feet|| $ 3.00 |
| Less than 42 feet|| $ 6.00 |
| Greater than 42 feet|| $ 9.00 |
| Single vehicle using entire ferry or over 65,000 lbs.|| $18.00 |
Maximum Weight 80,000 lbs (40 tons)
Maximum Length 60 feet
Fees may be paid in cash, check or ferry toll card. Credit cards are not accepted.
Ferry Toll Cards
Marion County Department of Public Works is authorized to offer ferry users a credit of 10% to be added to each purchase of $50 or more when using a County Ferry Toll Card.
Ferry Toll Cards can be purchased:
- At Marion County Public Works, 5155 Silverton Road NE, Salem, Oregon (Cash, check, or credit card accepted)
- By calling Marion County Public Works at (503) 588-5036 (Credit card accepted)
- On either ferry (Cash or check accepted)
Marion County Ferry Toll Cards can be used at both the Wheatland Ferry and Buena Vista Ferry.
Click here to add value to your Ferry Toll Card.
From Salem: Take River Road N. to Wheatland Road
From I-5: Take Brooks exit, west to Wheatland Road