Adult Abuse Investigation Team
Marion County Adult Abuse Investigators are trained and authorized to act as designees of the Oregon Department of Human Services, Office of Training Investigation & Safety (OTIS).
Adult Abuse Investigators receive reports of actual or suspected abuse regarding adults who experience intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) or adults who experience a severe and persistent mental illness or substance use disorders who are receiving mental health treatment from a community program as defined in OAR Chapter 407, Division 007. Investigators screen abuse reports to determine if they meet the definition of abuse in ORS 430.735 and if so, conduct a full investigation.
When an abuse report is received, investigators assess the need for protective services. If protective services are required, the case manager/clinician is responsible for immediately providing or arranging for the provision of protective services.
Adult Abuse Investigators participate on the Marion County Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT), facilitated by the local District Attorney's office and required by state statute. The MDT serves to positively collaborate with the local District Attorney's office; law enforcement agencies; investigators for adults who experience intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health conditions, aging, or physical disabilities; health care organizations; and human services groups - to better protect vulnerable adults.
Marion County Adult Abuse Investigation Contacts:
- 503-763-5711 Dedicated Adult Abuse Report Line (message line only
- 503-763-7587 Corissa Neufeldt, Division Director & Abuse Investigator Supervisor
- 503-576-4559 Wayne White, Dedicated Adult Abuse Report Line (message line only
- 503-540-2123 Deryck Anderson, Adult Abuse Investigator/Screener
- 503-763-5717 Daniel Lewis, Adult Abuse Investigator/Screener
- 503-361-2717 Peter Catalina, Adult Abuse Investigator/Screener