Foundational Character Traits
To keep our community safe through maintaining a safe and secure jail and work center, patrolling and conducting criminal investigations, providing civil process, supervising offenders through Parole and Probation, providing search and rescue response, and keeping our courts safe and accessible to the public through judicial security.
To continue to work collaboratively with our community and public safety partners with an emphasis on the prevention of crime, problem solving, and being responsive to the community's needs for public safety.
To continue to seek and retain professional and competent staff as well as continue the professional development of all employees.
To be fiscally responsible and maximize the public's resources that we are entrusted with.
Our Top 10 Objectives
These 10 objectives are the guiding principles behind the decisions we make as an Office.
- Focus on employee safety as a first priority at all times;
- Focus on the legitimate, identified needs and priorities of the residents and visitors of Marion County;
- Demonstrate fiscal accountability through showing taxpayers a high return on the public funds entrusted to us;
- Steadily contribute to the quality of life in our community by involving our citizens;
- Steadily enhance our relationships, communications, and mutually-beneficial partnerships;
- Contribute to employee satisfaction by creating and maintaining an internal culture that values employee input, personal accountability, and recognition for a job well done;
- Systematically work toward maintaining adequate, sustainable, dedicated funding for current and future Sheriff's Office operations, infrastructure, training and staffing;
- Support Marion County's economic growth and future direction by recruiting and retaining well-qualified, well-trained professional team members focused on public safety;
- Focus on the highest professional standards of public safety and our core services within the resources provided to us;
- Demand management excellence by ensuring we are planning for the future needs of our community and our employees.