Lancaster Dr: Center St - Monroe Av
Roadway and Pedestrian Improvements
Visit the project Open House Page
Marion County has received federal funding to improve Lancaster Drive between Center Street and Monroe Avenue. The street currently has very steep cross slopes between the travel lanes and many steep commercial driveways. These steep grades force vehicles to enter at an angle and/or drive very slow to avoid scraping on the pavement with their vehicle. With these factors combined, it is often difficult for vehicles to enter and exit Lancaster Drive, creating additional congestion.
The project will:
- reduce travel lane cross-slopes
- rebuild driveways in / out of commercial properties
- rebuild sidewalks
- rebuild curb ramps to meet ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) standards
- rebuild pedestrian push buttons to meet ADA standards at Auburn Road
- repair and overlay the roadway pavement
Federal Aid Urban Surface Transportation funds along with County matching funds are being utilized to construct the upgrades. The total project cost is estimated to be $3,070,000 which includes engineering, right of way, construction, and administration.
This contract has been awarded to Roy Houck Construction and is currently under construction during (mostly) overnight hours. Scheduled completion is December 30, 2023.