Welcome to Marion County WIC
Bienvenidos a WIC del Condado de Marion
ATTENTION: Important information about WIC services during the COVID-19 outbreak
Our goal is to continue to offer nutrition education and healthy foods while keeping your family and our staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Starting Wednesday, March 19, 2020, we will be transitioning to telephone appointments for all WIC services. Forms for appointment are available here.
The Salem WIC office will continue to be open for limited walk-in services during the following hours:
- Monday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The following clinic offices will be closed to the public until further notice:
- Early College High School
WIC group sessions are canceled until further notice. Alternative options are available here
We will reevaluate clinic services at the end of April 2020. Please contact us with any questions or concerns.
The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program is a public health nutrition service helping families access the healthy foods they need, and so much more!
- Benefits to buy healthy foods, like whole grains, milk, fruits, and vegetables.
- Answers to your questions about nutrition, exercise, feeding your kids, prenatal care, and more.
- Breastfeeding help and breast pumps for moms who need them.
- Classes on a variety of health and parenting topics.
- Information on other services in your community.
To get help from WIC, you must:
- Live in Oregon.
- Be pregnant, postpartum, breastfeeding, or have a child under the age of 5 in your care
- Meet the Oregon WIC income guidelines, with a household income less than 185% below the federal poverty limit (Learn more here
To get started, contact us and let us know you'd like to make an appointment by:
- Calling us at (503) 588-5057
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Texting "marion" to 20121 to start a conversation with a Marion County WIC team member
- Stopping by a WIC office and scheduling an appointment at the front desk
During your WIC visit, we will:
- Check to see if you qualify for WIC services
- Check your child's growth
- Talk about your family's health and diet needs
- Answer your questions
- Tell you about other programs that may be able to help you
- Give you an eWIC card to buy WIC-approved food
Marion County WIC
3180 Center St. NE, Suite 1360, Salem, OR 97301
Phone: (503) 588-5057 | Fax: (503) 566-2971
Text: Message "marion" to 20121 to start a text conversation with Marion County WIC!
Click here for a list of our FIVE locations throughout Marion County!
Page last updated: 31 May 2019